Saturday, October 20, 2007

Room-Warming

Just took a look at my last post....LOL...apparently its been almost 2 months since then....

Ok, I admit I've been lazy, but in my defence, I have been rather occupied with stuff.....like Titan's Quest lol (thanks Jeremy for the shopping parade!!)

So for the un-informed, I officially joined the married club on the 15th of September, with my other half, Wynne, at the Church of St. Mary of the Angels. For more info, call me. Haha. I'll get round to posting photos....eventually. hehe

Otherwise, things have largely been eventful, but really nothing major. September was largely occupied with last minute preparations, which, thankfully, went off without any major hoo-has. Even managed to squeeze in a weekend getaway to Thailand. Crazy shopping there....and came back with half a wardrobe's worth of Adidas clothing. LOL. Looking forward to our next trip there....this time, some real touring must be done. LOL.

For what we went through on that day itself, please read KK's blog, here. Many thanks also to Larry, my ad-hoc, volunteer Wedding Planner. You rock man! Anyone who needs one, please, do get him. You'll thank me later. Hahahahaha....

Then came the 2nd dinner, held for my Malaysian relatives, also largely uneventful, the bus ride was rather comfortable, in fact, I was pleasantly surprised. Managed to visit St. Anne's Church in BM, and its really impressive! I'll try and get photos....I know I have it somewhere.... haha. Some better planning for accommodation could have been arranged from there, but largely ok la, for those who do not mind the budget style living. I guess some Singaporeans are just too pampered. Wynne met my youngest aunt for the first time, and I guess the immediate feeling is what us have been saying all along. I won't put it down here though.

I got the car, and drove all the way down from Penang. Many people have said wow!, that's like nuts, but honestly, if you have the company, then it makes the drive much much easier. Only the lousy 1.3L Suzuki did not help by having the maximum speed being the legal limit of the expressway. LOL. Was having most fun looking at oil tankers and express buses flashing me and overtaking me. Oh well, hard luck. haha

Started my degree course in Oct, and am now adjusting back to student mode. The course is well, so far, ok, but a little heavy on the mathematics side....now I wish I had paid more attention in class earlier. LOL.

For those who are keen to know what married life is like, all I can say is, it's a major adjustment, but no one can really teach you how to live with your future partner. Its really yourself, and in fact, the TV shows and movies that we are so influenced with are all so stereotyped, and really, can't be further off the mark than they already are. It's pretty sad really, when you hear stories of how a couple gets together, each thinking they can live their own life, or thinking how they can change their other half, and how wrong they are. Or when everyone knows they are living an impossible dream, or a mistake, and yet they continually provide excuses for themselves to allow themselves to continue torturing themselves, or to allow themselves to avoid facing the cold, hard truth. Some see quarrellings as communication, and learning about each other more. I see it as a total breakdown in communication, when both parties refuse to give way to each other and give excuses to their own failings. But of course, there are many perceptions as to what a quarrel really means;

a) Breakdown in communication
b) Using loud voices and bluster to hide the real point of the qns/conversation
c) A need to scream?

You take your own meaning from there.

Enough ranting for a day now.

And I just realised that I totally went off point from my blog title.

LOL.

Just for info, Sean was telling Wynne the other day in the office, when could he come over for a room-warming. Since we were married, but did not move to a new house, and only renovated to a new room, hence the meaning. LOL. Interesting bugger.

So its tomorrow, the small room warming. haha. Its gonna be just dinner and the Wii! hooha!. And mahjong for the folks who cant handle a wireless controller. Hehehee.

Cheers to all!

No comments: