Monday, October 22, 2007

Room-Warming: The Aftermath and the Day After Tomorrow (I mean Yesterday, LOL)

I think I'll take a new approach to this.

Instead of writing from the beginning to the end, I shall take a page out of ifuggedwhatisthenameofthatmovie and begin from the end.

So as I write this post, I am right now sitting in a dark, hot, and humid closed foodcourt in Singapore Poly, waiting for wifey to finish her class. Opposite me is KK, whom incidentally will be blogging the same subject as part of today's. Just back from ABC market in Alexandra actually, where we just had a bowl each of the biggest and the best (well, pretty damn good, anyway) wantan mee in our sad short history of wantan mee.

Here's a pic of the bowl, which, incidentally, is part of the menu as a $3 bowl. No kidding, folks.



Its bigger than the picture actually gives justice for. See KK's blog, his "awesome" N95 might have a bigger pic.... maybe.

Review: 4/5 stars.

The sauce is excellent, and even with chili, the chili paste did not overwhelm the taste of the noodles. Of particular mention, I think, is the noodles. Done and cooked just right, with the right amount of springiness and tension and yet soft to the teeth. The soup was alright, although a little bland, but the dumplings were very nice as well. For value of $, it was sheer heaven.

Ok, I guess I am pretty bad at writing reviews. LOL. Just eat it lar, it is VERY nice.

Today was basically spent doing Seref Aksu's assignment, well, more like 60% copying actually, if you look at it. But looking back now, I am pretty amazed that us four (KK, myself, Jeremy and Andy) actually managed to sit down for the entire day (that means 9am to 5pm folks) and actually get some work done, instead of like last week when we were continually breaking off to play games lol. Still, its a good start, and I am rather proud of our gang. hehe.

Yesterday was our impromptu room-warming party, and although we invited some friends and family over, it was partly marred by the absence of some, but, as of today, I hear that misunderstanding has been cleared up. Still, I would like to stress that this "putting aeroplane" business is rather disturbing. Even between close friends, this business can be rather distressing to all involved. In fact, Wifey couldn't produce her usual standard of dongfen, to big bear's and small bear's slight disappointment.

Mahjong took up the rest of the afternoon, which I managed to siam, instead watching recorded episodes of Jumeng all the way. Pretty addictive show. Lol. These koreans really do have a talent for this.

However, I did not manage to siam the night training for the majong, when mom, sis and wifey ganged up on me to sit down and learn with the threat of no more chocalates and also waving a box of ferrero rocher in front of me. Oh well, some sacrifices for the sake of my choco. LOL

Pretty much fun a game is mahjong, lol. Although I still can't really figure out the "eye" and the myriad of patterns in the game, I think I've pretty much got the basics down. hopefully. Although, to me, its still too long a game to be playing for the sum of money involved. I'd much rather play blackjack. LOL.

Yet another super wordy post.

LOL

Tata

Cheers from the Big Bear.

No comments: