Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Back from the dead...

Hello Everyone.

Christ, I sound cheesy.

Haha.

Well, just some updates, to whomever's interested...I presume nobody.

In any case, here we go.

Let's start from the most recent, i.e: Today. Because, frankly, that's all I can remember right now...unless I start looking into my photo storage...<rumbles>

Ok, so today was a rainy day. It was wet, and it was cold.

But then again, you do not click this link to read about me talking about the damn weather, or do you? LOL.

So, basically this week wasn't much in the office...missed the DP-1 trial for a project vessel I was handling, shucks...been waiting 2 years for that. Guess its on the next boat. On the other hand, I got to attend the bollard pull trial after they had time to spool the wire rope overnight. She was excellent in performance, pulling at one point up to 8 tons past her maximum rated pull, and achieving her rated pull at only 90% engine power.

For the uninitiated, a bollard pull trial means the vessel hooks her rope to a fixed bollard (or a concrete post) together with a dynamometer and measure the maximum pull in tonnes using her maximum power.

See this video here:

That was this week...or rather, what has passed so far.

Last week, we had this idea to go to Leisure Mall in Kallang to go take a walk...so wifey called her mom and she jumped at the idea. Grandma was dragged along as well, so it was really cool. Haha...coincidentally, the mall was having their official opening party, so it was a little more crowded than usual. For lunch, we went to Huang Jia Restaurant, which came highly recommended by KK, and so it was.

His recommendations rarely go wrong, and that was surely the case here. Check out the pics!

Table Setting...COOL! Mom looking real good...ehehe Starters...Great Bolo Bun Roast Chicken...overhyped The Best AND HEAVENLY TO BOOT! Japanese Tofu cooked in Cantonese Style Err...no comments. Overhyped fried udon...too much veggies, IMO Hover your mouse over the pics for my short and sweet comments. LOL

Cheers for now...

Oh, btw, we got our anniversary presents, a new pair of wedding bands...I can foresee now in 20 years, I'll probably have 20 rings on me fingers....wow.

LOL.

Tata.

More later...when I sort out me photos from the phone.

No comments: